Tips and Advice
When you or your children go for a swim, please pay attention to the following:
- Keep your children away from protective grilles and openings. Keep away from them yourself as well.
- Make older children aware of the safety hazards of protective grilles and tell them not to lean against them or lie on top of them.
- Children with long hair run greater risk of getting sucked into protective grilles. Encourage children to tie hair back when in the pool.
- If someone is trapped by their hair cut the trapped hair off, don’t try and disentangle it.
- Always keep a close eye on your children.
- Do not use pools outside opening hours.
- In the event that someone gets stuck in a protective grille do not try to pull them off – to roll them off is much more effective.
- Be cautious when goggles etc are sucked towards protective grilles.